Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Seed Catalog

Today it is a winter wonderland outside, and the thought of spring is the furthest thing from anyone's mind.  But there is hope, in the form of the seed catalog.  




Each winter the seed catalogs start coming right after the first of the year, and even though it's snowing and blowing outside, I can start planning for my garden this spring.  Even if I don't get my seeds from the Burpee catalog, the wheels have started to turn... lettuce, zinnias, carrots, zucchini.  And don't think that if your space is limited, you are excused.  Anyone can have a garden - a small collection of herbs in the kitchen window, or a window box of lettuce, or a container garden of cherry tomato plants.

So this afternoon I will snuggle up under a blanket with the seed catalog and start my list.  And maybe later we'll go sled riding in the front yard.  For now, I'm happy inside, staying warm and dreaming about spring.

2 comments:

  1. so it is snowing there too! you must remind me to plant lettuce in my oblong pots. I'll just have to figure out where to sit them away from the critters!!! have fun sledding....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally logged in! Love the blog! Looking forward to tomorrow's post :)

    ReplyDelete