The Best Snickerdoodles Ever!
1 c. butter, softened
1 ½ c. sugar
1 t. vanilla
2 ¾ c. flour
2 t. cream of tartar
1 t. soda
¼ t. salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cream together the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
3. Mix together all dry ingredients, and gradually stir into butter mixture.
4. Roll batter into balls about the size of walnuts. Roll in a mixture of 2 T. sugar and 2 t. cinnamon, making sure to cover completely.
5. Place on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking sheet. Cook 8-12 minutes.6. Remove the cookies from the oven, and let sit on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.