For 4 Servings:
6 T. sugar
1 1/2 c. cream
3 1/2 egg yolks
1 t. vanilla
1 c. raw sugar
1. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine the sugar and cream. Bring to a simmer, stirring often. Do not boil.
2. Combine the egg yolks and vanilla in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
3. Temper the cream and the egg yolks together: add the egg mixture slowly, whisking constantly so you don't cook the eggs.
4. Pour equal amounts of the egg cream mixture in to 4 individual ramekins. Place the ramekins into a 9x13" baking pan, and add 1 inch of water to the pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, or until they jiggle slightly in the middle.
6. Remove the ramekins from the pan, and discard the water. Place the ramekins back into the pan. And sprinkle each serving with 1/4 cup of raw sugar.
7. Increase the oven temperature to broil, and move the top rack to the highest position in the oven. Place the pan in the oven for 2-5 minutes, allowing the sugar to melt and bubble. Watch carefully so that it doesn't burn. Once all the sugar is melted, remove the pan from the oven. (If you have a fancy kitchen torch, you can use it to caramelize the sugar.)
8. Chill in the refrigerator for several hours, or overnight, before serving. Garnish with fresh fruit.