Adapted from melskitchencafe.com
1 t. olive oil
5 slices of bacon, diced
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 t. salt
½ t. pepper
¼ c. flour
2 T. tomato paste
1 c. beef broth
1 T. Worcestershire Sauce
½ t. paprika
1 c. sour cream
1 T. dried parsley
Cooked egg noodles, for serving
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil and sauté the bacon over medium heat until cooked through. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Leave the grease in the skillet.
2. Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook until tender, add additional oil if needed. Transfer mushrooms to a separate plate.
3. In the same skillet, brown the ground beef with the onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook until the meat is no longer pink.
4. Stir in the flour and tomato paste to the meat mixture and stir well to combine. Add the beef broth and bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring to combine all the ingredients. Simmer for 3-5 minutes until the mixture is slightly reduced and thickened.
5. Add the Worcestershire sauce and paprika. Cook an additional 5 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Add the mushrooms back to the mixture and stir well.
6. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the sour cream and parsley, mixing well to remove the lumps.
7. Serve over egg noodles and topped with the bacon and some additional parsley.