Thursday, February 24, 2011

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am on a quest to find the perfect chocolate chip cookies.  These ones caught my eye when I was searching the internet last weekend.  Mr. Wonderful loves chewy cookies, so I decided I'd better try them.  His review: good, but a little too chewy. If you decided to bake them, make sure you cook them long enough, as long as 20 minutes depending on your oven.  Are these the perfect chocolate chip cookie?  Not yet.  Are they worth making?  Absolutely!


 

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 c. plus 2 T. flour
½ t. baking soda
½ t. salt
1 ½ sticks butter melted and cooled until warm
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
2 t. vanilla
1 ½ c. milk chocolate chips

1. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Mix butter and sugars until thoroughly blended.  Mix in egg, yolk, and vanilla.  Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.
2. Take 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball.  Place on a silicone lined baking sheet.
3. Bake until cookies are set around outer edge start to brown and the centers are still soft, 15-20 minutes.  Cool cookies on cookie sheet.  And make sure you eat one, or two, or three while they are still warm.

Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. those sound good. I've never seen egg yolk added in alone. I probably won't add the full 1.5 cups of chocolate chips cause I don't like too many in mine. I was wondering...is there an advantage to rolling the dough into a ball? I usually just kinda sloppily spoon some on the cookie sheet. Do they bake more evenly if rolled?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rhea - Thanks for the comment. About the egg yolk, the original recipe said that helped keep the cookies moist. The amount of chocolate chips is totally up to the baker. I don't like a lot in mine either. The 1 1/2 was less than the original recipe called for. As for the rolling, you are absolutely right - bake more evenly, and the cookies are all a uniform shape. Hope you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good that you always notice the positive image of these types of topics but on the other hand if you need related assistance. I really love this post and hope to see such informative news furthermore. Keep it up. BC

    ReplyDelete