Here’s a quick and easy recipe for chocolate chip cookies… 30 minutes from start to finish, including cooking time. It doesn’t include time for them to cool, but they taste better warm anyway. They are perfect for a school bake sale, church event, or simply if you are in the mood for a chocolate chip cookie. Make some soon – you’ll be glad you did!
Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies
2 ¼ c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 c. butter, softened
¾ c. sugar
¾ c. brown sugar
1 t. vanilla
6 oz. milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream butter, sugars, and vanilla. Beat in eggs.
3. Add in dry ingredients, mix well. Add chocolate chips.
4. Spread evenly in a greased cookie sheet. Using your hands for this step works well.
5. Bake 15-20 minutes. Cut into squares. Eat and enjoy with a tall glass of milk.
White chocolate dream cookies: substitute white chocolate chips for the milk chocolate chips and add 1 teaspoon of orange extract, or orange zest.
Chocolate toffee cookies: Mix up the cookie dough as directed above. Once the dough is spread on the cookie sheet, sprinkle ½ cup of toffee pieces evenly over the top.