1 lb. ground beef
2 c. cooked mashed potatoes
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
4 c. frozen mixed vegetables, cooked and drained
1 c. beef gravy (easy beef gravy below)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Brown meat in a large skillet. Meanwhile, mix potatoes, cream cheese and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese.
3. Drain the meat. Add in the vegetables and gravy. Stir to combine.
4. Spoon the mixture into a 9" square baking dish. Cover with the potato mixture and the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until bubbly around the edges and heated through.
1. In a small saucepan melt 4 tablespoons. Add in 4 tablespoons of flour, and whisk to combine. And in 2 cups of beef stock and whisk until completely combined.
2. Bring mixture to a light boil, and then reduce heat and cook until thickened.
3. If wanted, add seasoning of salt, pepper, or a couple of dashes of Worcestershire sauce.
4. Also works well for a chicken gravy, and you can add poultry seasoning in place of the Worcestershire sauce. Just follow the rule of thumb 4/4/2 - 4 tablespoons of fat (butter), 4 tablespoons of thickener (flour), and 2 cups of stock.