Monday, September 26, 2011

Blueberry Pudding Cake

This recipe was shared with me over 10 years ago by the camp host at Tuttle Campground.  She and her husband became very good friends while I worked summers at the park, and I think of her every time I make this recipe.  In my recipe binder, I made a note "The Best Ever" with 4 stars.  The method of assembly is a little different for this cake, but follow the directions and you will have a sweet, light cake on top of a smooth blueberry pudding when you're done. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.


Blueberry Pudding Cake

2 c. blueberries, fresh or frozen (if using frozen, thaw and drain well)
1 t. ground cinnamon
1 t. lemon juice
1 t. vanilla
1 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
1 t. baking powder
1/2 c. milk
3 T. butter, melted


Topping
3/4 c. sugar
1 T. cornstarch
1 c. hot water


1. Toss blueberries with cinnamon, lemon juice, and vanilla in an 8" square greased baking dish.
2. In a bowl combine the flour, sugar and baking powder.  Stir in the milk and butter.  Batter will be thick. Spoon over the berries, and spread until even.
3. Combine sugar and cornstarch, and sprinkle over batter.  Slowly pour the hot water over all. (I told you that it was different!)
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until cake tests done.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment